Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My writing...

Well... my kids are on summer vacation and to say they are putting a drain on my creativity would be an understatement. I can't focus. I can't feel my characters. It's frustrating... ugggg!

I am slowly, but steadily working on Chapter 10 of Man of Honor. It's a difficult chapter on many levels and I'm just really having a hard time staying focused on it. The ending is already written and it's outlined really well... it's just that the words aren't coming. I'm probably a third of the way done at this point. I am going to work on it as much as I can today and I hope to post tonight.

We leave for a small vacation on Thursday and will be in the car for 6 hours. I really hope to be able to write for most of the trip. So, if I don't get it posted tonight, I should be able to by Friday or Saturday. Well... that's the plan anyway...


For my Memories fans... I'm sorry I had to end it where I did. But, I had already gone past the point that I had initially intended to go and writing off the cuff was really difficult for me and those particular characters.

A couple of nights ago, I sat down to try and outline a sequel for Memories and it came a lot easier than I had anticipated. I have 15 chapters outlined, although I need to straighten out the last three a little better. I have already decided on the title... The Rest of Forever. I am not sure when I am going to start writing TRoF. But, I do know that I will not publish the first chapter until I have 5 under my belt. I feel like my writing suffers when I am under the pressure of weekly updates. Don't misunderstand... I will be updating weekly... once I have some some chapters written and edited and hopefully, pre-read. I just don't like the pressure of writing for the update deadline... it doesn't help me or my writing.

I want to thank you all for your great ideas and inspiration. I really appreciate everyone's support. You SVM readers rock the reviews... Love ya!


I have had so many reviews telling me to take my time and that you appreciate quality over quantity. Thank you so much for taking the pressure off.

jen

No comments:

Post a Comment